May 29, 2012

YUUL YIE 율이에 _ WOOLY magazine interview








Ma Vie En Rose is a shoes brand, whose design is feminine,
but at the same time it contains some vivid aspects as well.
This brand is attracting many Tokyo girls who are susceptible to
changes in fashion. Now, Ma Vie En Rose has greeted its fifth season.
We interviewed the designer, Sunyuul Lee, who has brought
a big success to this brand.
여성스러운 속에서도 엣지 있는 디자인이 유행에 민감한 토쿄 여자들에게도 주목을 받은 신발 브랜드 Ma Vie En Rose. 다섯 시즌 째에 들어서 더욱 파워업하고 있는 디자이너 이선열 씨에게 인터뷰 했습니다.
Wooly(W): What is your brand name derived from?
Jin Tiger(J): I love beer and I used to drink beer every day at home. So my wife said to me, “You are saving water by drinking beer”(laugh)―This is the origin of my brand name.
Wooly(W):When do you come up with the ideas for design?
Sunyuul Lee(S):I have 2 hours driving each day. I often come up with ideas suddenly while driving and listening to my favorite music.
W:What kind of people do you expect to wear the shoes of Ma Vie En Rose?
S:I don’t expect certain people. I would like people to wear our shoes after having fallen in love with them at the first sight.
W:Do you have any artists who inspire you?
S:Not really. But I always try to go to see exhibitions and to listen to music.
W:What do you think about Japanese fashion ?
S:Personally, I like kind of experimental, avant-garde style. I think in Japan, especially around the area of Aoyama or Daikanyama, we can find lots of fashionistas. I also think that people in each area in Japan has their own fashion style.
W:Do you have favorite Japanese brands?
S:I like COMME des GARÇONS.
W:What do you think about the difference of fashion between in Korea and in Japan ?
S:It seems that they are getting more similar to each other recently. It’s surprising that Korean market has been developing hugely and rapidly during this several years. I think recent Korean fashion is getting close to European one, while Japanese fashion keeps its originality, and I find it amazing.
W:Could you tell us what you are going to launch ?
S:We are planning to expand our marketing to Europe. And we are thinking of starting leather bags and accessories as our new products.
Most of the shoes she designs are lady-like, but at the same time we find in them vividness, like a ‘Rose’ in its brand’s name. This is what the modern girls who like to be independent are looking for ! We are looking forward to seeing collections created by her delicate sensitivities from now on !
W:어떤 순간에 아이디어가 떠오릅니까?
S:혼자서 운전을 하는 시간이 하루에 2시간이 있는데, 그 때에 좋아하는 음악을 들면서 생각하면 갑자기 생각이 떠오르는 것이 많습니다.
W:어떤 사람에게 이 브랜드 신발은 신어 주기를 바랍니까?
S:특정의 대상을 정하지 않고, 이 브랜드를 보고 한 눈에 반해 주시는 듯한 분이 신고 주시면 정말 기쁩니다.
W:인스피레이셩을 받은 아티스트등 있습니까?
S:특별히 없습니다만, 전시회에는 꼭 갑니다. 또 음악을 듭니다.
W:일본 패션에 대해서는 어떻게 생각합니까?
S:실험적이고 아반갈드한 스타일을 좋아하는데, 일본에서는 아오야마나 다이칸야마에 가면 멋진 사람들이 많은 것 같습니다. 또 일본은 장소마다 패션이 전혀 다른 인상을 받습니다.
W:일본 브랜드 중에 좋아하는 브랜드 있습니까?
콤데걀송입니다.
한국과 일본 패션의 차이에 대해서는 어떻게 생각합니까?
S:요즘은 한국과 일본 패션이 아주 닮아진다고 생각합니다. 한국 시장이 근년 급하게 성장하고 있는 것에 너무 놀랍니다. 최금 한국 패션은 유럽에 가깝게 된다고 생각합니다만, 일본 패션은 독특함이 있어서 훌륭한다고 느낍니다.
W:향후의 전망등을 얘기해 주시겠습니까?
S: 내년은 유럽에 진출 할 수 있도록 지금 준비를 진행하고 있습니다. 그리고 앞으로는 신발만 아니라 가죽제품 가방이나 액세서리등도 쥐급하고 싶습니다.
그녀가 디자인하는 신발은 브랜드명에도 있는 장미 저럼, 여성스럽지만 어딘엔가 엣지 있는 것이 많다. 그것은 바로 현대 자립한 여자가 구하는 신발! 그녀의 섬세한 감성에서 태어날 작품에게 앞으로도 지켜 봅시다.



No comments:

Post a Comment